International Encyclopedia Of The Social Behavioral Sciences Vol P R
pdf | 23.84 MB | English | Isbn:0593129962 |
Author: Tina Payne Bryson | PAge: 2452 | Year: 2020
Apply the best science to all your parenting decisions with this essential A-Z guide for your biggest questions and concerns from the New York Times bestselling co-author of The Whole-Brain Child and No-Drama Discipline
Every baby- and toddler-care decision sends parents scrambling to do the right thing, and often down into the rabbit hole of conflicting advice. Dr. Tina Payne Bryson has sifted through the reliable research (including about all those old wives’ tales) and will help you make a manageable molehill out of the mountain of information and answer more than sixty common concerns and dilemmas, including
• Breast or bottle? Or breast and bottle? Will that cause nipple confusion?
• What’s the latest recommendation for introducing solids in light of potential allergies?
• Should I sign us up for music and early-language classes?
• What’s the evidence for and against circumcision?
• When is the right time to wean my baby off her pacifier?
• How do I get this child to sleep through the night?!
Dr. Bryson boils things down with authority, demystifying the issues in three distinct sections: an objective summary of the schools of thought on the topic, including commonly held pros and cons; a clear and concise primer on “What the Science Says”; and a Bottom Line conclusion. When the science doesn’t point clearly in one direction, she guides you to assess and apply the information in a way that’s consistent with your family’s principles and meets your child’s unique needs. Full of warmth, expert wisdom, and blessedly bite-sized explanations, The Bottom Line for Baby will help you prioritize what you really need to know and do during the first year of precious life.
Category:Children’s Health, Parenting Babies & Toddlers, Children’s Health