Lesyuk – Mastering Redmine – 2013
pdf | 9.63 MB | English | Isbn:B01CSLI6E0 |
Author: Andriy Lesyuk | PAge: 366 | Year: 2016
- Learn Redmine through the basic topics to the mastering ones
- Customize Redmine without breaking upgrade compatibility
- Become an expert of Redmine after having read this comprehensive guide with tips, tricks and best practices.
Redmine is not only one of the popular open source project management applications but also one of the best project hosting and issue tracking solutions.
This book is an update of our previous successful edition, Mastering Redmine. This book is a comprehensive guide that will give you a detailed practical understanding on how to effectively manage, monitor and administer complex projects using Redmine.
You will get familiar with the concept of Issue Tracking and will get to know why and what makes Redmine one of the best issue trackers. Another main part of Redmine functionality, which is Managing projects shows why this is one of the best applications for project hosting. Furthermore, you will learn more about Redmine rich text formatting syntax, access control and workflow and time Tracking. Towards the end, you will unleash the power of custom fields and guides to show how to customize Redmine without breaking upgrade compatibility.
By the end of the book, you will have a deep practical understanding on how to effectively monitor and manage large scale and complex projects using Redmine.
What you will learn
- Forget about troubles with installing and configuring Redmine
- Feel at ease with using Redmine wiki syntax
- Get familiar with the permissions system and issue life cycle in Redmine
- Use Redmine for issue tracking, project hosting, project management, and time tracking
- Find and choose plugins, and get familiar with some of the most useful Redmine plugins
About the Author
Andriy Lesyuk is an open source evangelist. He is an enthusiastic and passionate developer with more than 14 years of experience. He is skilled in Ruby, PHP, Perl, C, and more. His primary areas of interest are web development and Linux system development. Andriy is also the author of more than 20 open source plugins for Redmine. He lives and works in Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine. His website is http://www.andriylesyuk.com. He started his career as an engineer at the Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas, where he later became the head of the Software and Networking Laboratory. For some time, he worked as a freelancer, developing custom Redmine plugins for companies worldwide, the most famous of which is oDesk. Later, Andriy joined the Kayako team, which develops the world’s leading helpdesk solutions.
Table of Contents
- Getting Familiar with Redmine
- Installing Redmine
- Configuring Redmine
- Issue Tracking
- Managing Projects
- Text Formatting
- Access Control and Workflow
- Time Tracking
- Plugins and Themes
- Customizing Redmine
- Quick Syntax Reference
Category:Project Management Software Books, IT Project Management, Software Project Management