Manson’s Tropical Diseases – Expert Consult Basic
pdf | 123.9 MB | English | Isbn:978-1416044703 |
Author: Gordon C. Cook MD DSc FRCP(Lond) FRCP(Edin) FRACP FLS (Author), Alimuddin Zumla BSc.MBChB.MSc.PhD.FRCP(Lond).FRCP(Edin).FRCPath(UK) (Author) | PAge: 1851 | Year: 2008
From the difficult to diagnose to the difficult to treat, be prepared for whatever your patients bring back. The revised and updated 22nd edition of Manson’s Tropical Diseases provides you with the latest coverage on emerging and re-emerging diseases from around the world, such as multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis and malaria, the avian flu, and more. Boxes and tables highlight key information on current therapies. And now, as an Expert Consult title, you can access the information you need online as well as in print!
- Covers every aspect of Tropical Medicine in detail, not just infections.
- Takes both a system-based and a disease approach, with extensive cross-referencing to minimize duplication.
- Includes a strong clinical focus, emphasized by clinical management diagrams.
- Features leading experts in the field, with contributions from clinicians who are based full-time in the tropics.
- Features up-to-date information on HIV/AIDS, with an emphasis on Africa; malaria; tropical gastroenterological problems; dengue and dengue hemorrhagic fever; tuberculosis; Sexually Transmitted Diseases; SARS; avian flu; bartonellosis, cat-scratch disease, trench fever, human erlichiosis; and more.
- Describes the latest therapies, such as recently approved drugs and new treatment options, so you can incorporate them into to your practice.
- Presents global perspectives from the world’s leaders in this specialty to put the latest expert knowledge to work for you and your patients.
- Highlights key information with more boxes and tables so you can find what you need easily and apply it quickly.
- Allows you to access the complete contents online, plus appendices on Laboratory Diagnosis, Parasitic Protozoa, Medical Helminthology, Nematodes, Trematodes, Cestodes, Medical Acarology and Entomology, and Sources of Information in Tropical Medicine.
Your purchase entitles you to access the website until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access be discontinued.
Category:Infectious Diseases, Viral Diseases, Communicable Diseases