Policy Implications Of Greenhouse Warming
pdf | 10.04 MB | English | Isbn:978-0309044400 |
Author: Leona Coffee | PAge: 945 | Year: 1991
Readily accessible to any interested reader, this volume offers an analysis of the major issues surrounding greenhouse warming and presents the authoring panel’s recommendations for U.S. policy.
Recommendations address a wide range of issues, including energy policy; deforestation; human population growth; the appropriate role of the United States in an international strategy; and needed research on scientific, economic, and social questions.
Policy Implications of Greenhouse Warming analyzes scientific understanding of greenhouse gas accumulation and its effect on climate; prospects for human, animal, and plant adaptation to rising global temperatures; and options for mitigating the effects of greenhouse gas emissions.
Table of Contents
- FRONT MATTER
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 2 BACKGROUND
- 3 THE GREENHOUSE GASES AND THEIR EFFECTS
- 4 POLICY FRAMEWORK
- 5 ADAPTION
- 6 MITIGATION
- 7 INTERNATIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
- 8 FINDINGS AND CONCLUSIONS
- 9 RECOMMENDATIONS
- A QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT GREENHOUSE WARMING
- B BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON SYNTHESIS PANEL MEMBERS AND PROFESSIONAL STAFF
- C MEMBERSHIP LISTS FOR EFFECTS, MITIGATION, AND ADAPTATION PANELS
Category:Greenhouses, Environmental Policy, Climatology